Friday 9 March 2007

What do I do in my spare time?

A constant question I find difficult to answer off the top of my head. I am drawn to say I do kick boxing once a week and I go to the driving range and whack a few golf balls. But that takes up about 4 hours a week! What do I do in the time in between?

Work and sleep aside I have about 70 hours of time to do as I like. 40 hours during the week and 30 over the weekend. For the weekend I find I am constantly doing something due to someone inviting my out, a family gathering or just meeting up with friends. It is the 40 hours during the week that I find a real waste of time.

I actually spend a lot of time on the internet not acheiving much other than catching up on some of the TV shows I follow (Heroes and Prison Break). I talk to some friends on MSN some times. I check emails and I write my blog. So when people ask me what I do I really am stuck for an interesting hobby to discuss.

The reality is I like thinking. I love to think and wonder. Sometimes it is to reflect on my past. Sometimes its about someone. Sometimes its about my future. Regardless of the topic in mind, I really like to think. I have also developed a liking to write things in my blog. I don't often write daily because I like to ponder my thoughts before writing them down which is why my previous blog was all over the place!

I also like to look out into the sky at night. The benefit of living in an isolated village is the uninterrupted light from the stars and the moon. Sometimes I open my window and gaze into the sky, feeling a light breeze against my face. It is very relaxing and inspiring to me.

Another thing I really enjoy is my drive to work and back home every day to and from work. Every day I drive through nature and I see so many wonderful sights of horses, sheep, cows all grazing in vast open fields, sometimes right up against the fence only a few metres away from the road.

Are these normal for a 29 year old to enjoy? What is normal anyway? So I don't like to club and I don't drink or smoke. I sometimes wonder what kind of life I actaully lead! Everything is so settled and theres nothing to bring me away from this monotony.

So if you want to know what I do... I like to think and write, but I also like to exercise! I think I NEED to exercise... it keeps me sane!

No comments: