Wednesday 28 February 2007

Weekend of eating and singing?!... 2 days of work

I had another busy weekend. It's not something I plan for but it just happens.

On Saturday I met up with some friends for a greasy fry up for lunch! Something we do once a month just to catch up, but this time I had to help my recently made redundant friend to write his CV. It's quite challenging to write a CV for someone as you do not know their experience in depth and this was made more difficult when my friend could not provide anything positive to say about his last two jobs! But we did what we could and dressed it up without too many white lies...

Afterwards I went round to my uncles where I stuffed my face with salmon sashimi! I also played a couple of hands of poker with my cousins and trained a little on my arms. It was a bit of a big gathering actually with many friends of the family visiting too. Late on in the evening the karaoke machine was turned on and we spent the rest of the evening shouting out power ballads and losing our voices! It was great fun! From my 7 year old cousin through to her 40 year old dad... we belted out some classics! LOL

Sunday was much more laid back. It was spent round my friends house where we were celebrating his son's one month birthday. All I did was eat and watch TV. It was nice to see some old faces too and it's quite amazing how my friends of nearly 10 years are now fathers! I wonder when my time will come....

The weekend came to an end and I have been back at work for 2 days now. Monday was a fresh start with a new manager. It is going pretty well with more direction and focus. However today was a nightmare! And it started off so well! In fact I have been pretty happy at work for one and a half days just from talking on MSN to a friend... But like I said, it all came tumbling down today. For some unknown reason I lost the ability to update information on the company database! It just meant I could not do ANY work!! Really pissed me off and it's amazing how quickly you can fall downwards in a destructive cycle! Fortunately the database 'fixed' itself and I left the office knowing I can go back to work without any issues the next day!

I have next Monday off to meet a friend.... should be fun (or interesting at least!).

No comments: