Saturday 10 February 2007

Feeling good


For the past month or so I have been feeling pretty good! I was quite surprised and really didn't notice it until someone asked me how I was. And I replied that I felt great!

Now it's a late Friday night and early Saturday morning and I have been awake for 19 hours! But I still feel great. Maybe it's because I haven't smoked for over a month now. Maybe it's because I feel great from kickboxing last night. I really cannot pinpoint it.... but I really did enjoy and have been enjoying kickboxing a lot recently. I find I am getting pounded quite a bit as I am a bit violent...in a controlled manner of course.... and getting hit a lot, but also landing a few shots of my own. I can feel the pain in places where I have been hit although there's no physical evidence to show for it!

Other than living a healthy lifestyle now, there is one other factor that might be the cause for this feeling of contentment and satisfaction... a person... more specifically a girl. OK.... nothings happened and somethings might never happen, but she has made me feel things I have not felt in a long long time! The quickening of my heartbeat when her name pops up on MSN. The excitement of seeing an email sent by her. The tingle in my ear as I hear her voice on the phone.

Admittedly this may be very one directional, and the fact there are 'complications', and I may be making a fool of myself... but hey! Who cares? I haven't felt this good in such a long time I'm not going to be bothered by what people have to say. I guess I have to look back at my previous entry and remain patient. I've been single for over 2 years now... I can wait a bit longer... I think?!

Anyway... moving on! Work is going quite well. I am getting to understand the company a lot better in terms of strategy and hierarchy. My work load is very manageable and quite pressurised too at times. Having to work in between 6 different time zones can be a challenge, but I enjoy it at times.

Within the family, my dad went in for a minor operation on his right shoulder. He had an 'aching' pain inside and the doctor performed arthroscopic surgery on him to alleviate the pain. He is now back at home and has made a good recovery so far. As will pretty much all operations around joints, there will be a requirement to undergo physiotherapy to ease the shoulder into motion again.

This year has been pretty good so far and it has been down to a number of things that I can physically see or do. But I think the main change is in my mind. Where I used to be very impatient and often looked for the 'short cuts' I am now enjoying my time and I find that time passes even quicker when I am being more patient. Weeks are flying by and I do not look too far forward now. I just try to live each day being happy and getting things done.

Life is quite simple really... it's all in our head the way we feel. We have a choice of how we want to feel and we know what we need to do to make ourselves feel a certain way. It's just a case of doing it.....

No comments: