Monday 5 February 2007

Arghhh..... and a long weekend


For the last 4 days I have been in pain. My back is aching, my neck hurts and it pains me to eat due to an inch long ulcer along my bottom lip. Why am I in such pain? Kickboxing!

It's probably my fault really. I had been sleeping very little prior to training and I was lethargic even before we started the class. I thought that once I had warmed up and got into full flow I would be ok, but I was shattered throughout! Even the warm up near enough wiped me out! But the worse part was when we started to spar. That was when the tiredness really came out and I could barely defend myself, hence an inch long ulcer from a cut after being punched in the mouth.

But I also managed to dish out a little pain myself too! I was about to be selfish and just take, take, take! I landed a few good punches and a decent kick into someone's ribs! That was Thursday night... and I was also surprised with an exchange of text messages throughout the night! And though I wanted to go to sleep early, I ended up on the phone to m friend for an hour!

Friday was very uneventful as I was in extreme pain and I really couldn't be arsed to do anything strenuous. I had a pretty quiet night in and just rested.

Saturday and Sunday were the busy days! And for those two days the only time I was really at home was when I was sleeping!

Saturday I took my dad to Hampshire Clinic where he is due to have arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder next week... followed by taking his car into Mercedes after his battery warning light came on. That was most of the morning over followed by loading some furniture into my car to take round to my uncle and celebrating my cousins 13th birthday AGAIN! The night ended after popping by a friends house to watch a DVD and by then it was 3am... by the time I got home and into bed it was past 4am...

Sunday I was up by 10am to go out to London to meet a friend for yum cha. The strangest thing happened on my drive when another friend I hadn't seen for a long time overtook me and waved! I met up with him and his wife and daughter briefly. One year olds are really cute! LOL

Anyway, I went to meet my friend for yum cha, did some baby clothes shopping for my other friends newborn son and then had some ice cream. I tried to get some sushi, but failed and my friends left to go home. I wandered around London trying to kill some time before meeting some other friends for a belated birthday dinner... but it was worth is as I haven't seen them in a long time and just had a good catching up session.

On my way home I dropped by my friends house and gave him the baby clothes. Stayed chatting to him for a few hours and finally got home around 1.30am! Slept for about 4-5 hours and then woke up to go to work....

Why do I punish myself so much!?!?

I guess I can still live with it now.... might as well put up with it whilst my body can still take it eh?

No pain, no gain....

No comments: