Thursday 15 February 2007

Being good

From my last blog of telling you how good I feel, I think it should be noted that it comes down to being good.

To kick things off I stopped smoking at the beginning of the year. On hindsight it's strange that I was ever compelled to smoke in the first place. It is such a distant memory that it requires thought to realise I used to smoke!

Secondly I have maintained a consistent regime of exercise comprising of kick boxing, going to the driving range and a bit of weight training at home. I am now looking to join a gym to increase my work out and regain some fitness that I once possessed! In terms of sleep I seem to be coping pretty well on 5-6 hours per night during the week days and having a full 8 hours over the weekends.

Finally, I have been lucky to find myself in a job where the people I work with are great. The work itself is very much within my capabilities and I could even take on more responsibilities really. And I find myself wanting to wake up every day and looking forward to going in to work!

This positivity has led me to being a lot happier than I have been before... and of course there has been some external help too! Which brings me back to the subject of being good. So I am being good to myself for once and looking to put myself first!

But then I was talking to the my not so familar friend, who I have only really seen twice and talked a bit online, and she said that I was a nice bloke. Obviously flattered, but also concerned that a girl can believe a guy is nice on the basis of two meetings... of limited time too! I wonder sometimes if it is possible to 'see' good in a person? Am I that different to anyone else? I tell people that I do good things, but how do they know if I am lying or not?

The people who read this and know me, also know I am not a liar and I do try to be nice to people. Sometimes to a point that my close friends feel I get used. And not in a good way! LOL But then I am not too bothered, those who are users will ultimately expose their flaws and I probably won't be seeing them very often... if at all. At the end of the day, what do I lose for being nice to strangers a couple of times? I get to find out their personalities, I spend a bit of money.... maybe on food, maybe on travelling or maybe I lose some time... but after that I know exactly what kind of person this new 'friend' is. I think it is a sacrifice worth giving. Don't you?

So.... I guess that being good to myself and to others is making me a happier person. I recommend that you try it and see how you feel....

1 comment:

MadameSarina said...

Hi Tin, Have just read your blog and it has inspired me. Its CNY tomorrow and I will start the new year with a positive outlook on my life for 2007. I can see straight away that you have a pure and kind heart, I hope that 2007 will bring you love and luck.
Melinda =)