Monday 9 April 2007

My Easter Break...

The Easter break is almost over... it's back to work tomorrow! And I can't wait! The break has been good, but it has been far to hectic and I have spent far too much money! But all good things must come to an end...

How did it all start?

It was an early Thursday finish for once and I met up with my uncle and cousins for a burger at the new Gourmet Burger Kitchen in town. It was pretty good, but at the end of the day it was just a burger. Not exactly fine dining to shout and sing about, but worth a visit again at a later date. The rest of the evening was pretty much dead and buried after a heavy burger feast and an early night beckoned...

Friday was a lovely day and I woke up to sun shining into my eyes... TOTALLY uncalled for! But I made the most of the nice weather and mowed the lawn whilst topping up on a little bit of a tan. Since the weather was going to stay nice for the rest of the weekend I decided to wash my car for the third time in 4 weeks! And yet again I managed to walk into our garden gate! Anyway... I cleaned my car and then focused on the alloy wheels individually, making sure that I scrubbed as much brake dust away as possible! The car looked amazingly new with clean wheels! That evening I went to my uncles with my cousins and we had a kick around for about 90minutes. It was a nice little calorie burn, but I probably piled it back on again with a heavy dinner!

Saturday was an early start! Well, 9am start... I had to drive to Woking to pick up my friend and make our way to Bath. Stopping en route at the services to meet the rest of the group from London. It was a lovely drive and a lovely day! Although we didn't get to see much of the city I really enjoyed the Roman Baths and learning a bit about it's history. It is quite amazing the 'technology' they had which even today's average Joe could not reproduce! The trip to Bath was cut short for me as I had to drive my friend back to London for a birthday... I then stopped by my other friends house to play a few rounds of mah jong... which subsequently finished around 4am! I went home, and managed 30mins nap before getting up to pick up my cousin and drop him off at Guildford train station for his school trip to France. I got home around 7am and slept till 1pm.

My short sleep was woken by text messages and 'nudges' on MSN asking me to go yum cha at Heathrow followed by bowling. I duly obliged and before I knew it 7pm hit and we were back at my friends house contemplating what to do for dinner. And with the flash of a light bulb the suggestion to have a BBQ was put forward! And within the hour we had defrosted some prawns, sausages, burgers, fishball, etc... set up the BBQ and we were cooking away by 8.30pm. The weather was perfect for a BBQ and we sat around the fire, cooking, eating, talking, laughing... it was very relaxing and enjoyable until I 'cooked' my finger on a red hot BBQ fork! But I took it like a man and sucked up the pain... By now it was near to 11pm and getting a bit chilly, so we packed up and retired indoors. After a short DVD on racing and cars we left to go home to sleep.

Monday... I was shattered, but again I was awoken by a text message. After much deliberation I decided to respond. It was a friend who had nothing to do all day so I said I would join her for lunch. After putting washing into the washing machine and cleaning up my room I set off to have a 'quick' pub lunch for 3 hours! It was packed at the pub and food took nearly 90minutes to get to us! And when it arrived, it wasn't even that good! Typical really! We still managed to find time for me to buy some light bulbs for my car and also my friend found a top too... so at least we achieved something! I went home around 6pm and was winding down the weekend rush. I had some food a but later and end up napping quite a bit! After I woke up I felt a bit dazed... I tried to wake up but I was too shattered and ended up going to sleep by 9.30pm. BUT I woke up again at 4.30am! SO I forced myself to sleep before waking up to go to work.

It was a slow day. But since it was the first day back and also a Tuesday it felt good to be almost halfway through the week already! Didn't have too much to do as most customers are on holiday and the majority of our management are away in Lisbon for a partners conference. I headed off home pretty much dead on 5.30pm as I had to meet my 'service' guy to do my car's 100k miles service. He picked it up at 6pm and I was left at the take away, helping until the car was returned at 10pm. £150 lighter in the pocket but my car felt really good and tight again! There are a few niggly bits, but nothing to be too concerned with.

Tomorrow night I am going karaoke with some friends in London. Thursday is kick boxing. Friday a friend has asked me to go clubbing. Saturday I have to pick up cousin on his return from France. Sunday is up in Essex for another cousins birthday. Monday I am having dinner with a friend....

I seem to be so busy!!! I can't wait for a quiet day in now....

Hope everyone had a good Easter break... I am loving the empty roads on the way in to work! :D

1 comment:

MadameSarina said...

Wish I had a BBQ over Easter break.... Hope you enjoyed the break! And dont fret too much about the single status. You shouldnt feel pressured to be dating!