Wednesday 29 August 2007

Where does my time go?

It seems like I have no time write my blog these days. There is always something to do or somewhere to go. Admittedly I am spending a lot of time at the gym and by the time I get home and have something to eat it is pretty much time for bed. I would spend some time online before going to sleep but mostly to catch up with friends on MSN or emailing…

With the week days taken up with going to the gym I only have the weekend to really chill out and relax. But the last weekend was manic and spent at my cousins and the weekend just gone was just as bad in terms of free time, or rather just time alone.

The Bank holiday weekend started off pretty well on Friday night helping my cousin and her husband move home. It’s been a long delay and it was fortunate that the move happened over the long weekend which gave us time to move the larger items of furniture. Although there weren’t many items to move, the size and weight seriously hampered the speed which we got the move done. Coupled with the fact that the new house was 20miles away it was a case of cramming as much as we could into one van load before coming back for a second. By the time we had done the two runs it was midnight. It was a long day…

Saturday morning I woke up early to go to the gym. I like going to the gym on Saturday mornings as it is very quiet and I get to move from machine to machine quickly. After the gym I went home to wash my car. One of my favourite activities these days… Being out in the sun and soaking up the rays and cleaning my car is so relaxing and a real stress buster…

In the evening a couple of friends came to visit and we went to play snooker… something we haven’t done in ages! It was fun but also a bit strange because there was no smoke in the snooker hall! Not that it wasn’t appreciated being a non smoker now for 8 months I am glad for the clear air.

Sunday was the day my cousins find out who the fastest driver is… on the Go Kart track! Knowing my position as a heavy weight amongst all my cousins I did my homework and went to the gym before meeting up with them to travel to the Go Kart track. It was after the gym that the weekend became annoying and frustrating as my car engine light came on again for the second time in 3 weeks! There was nothing I could do except drive home and wait till the weekend was over. I walked to the shop where my cousins arranged to meet and we made our way to the Go Kart track.

What started off so well became a nightmare as we could not find the Go Karting place to begin with and when we did, my cousin realised he had dropped his camera somewhere and he was getting very stressed and pissed off as it’s the first time he has lost anything that expensive… I put it down a to a learning experience.

The usual malarkey ensued with the pre race instructions and kitting up in the ‘nice’ overalls, gloves and helmets! Climbing into the go karts for the first time was a bit of a squeeze and I was thankful I did go to the gym to lose the minimal, but vital, millimetres! After splitting the cousins into 2 groups we went through 4 rounds of heats to sort the men from the boys! Testosterone mixed into the exhaust filled air and we were off! After 4 rounds the semi final positions were determined and the top 3 from each would fight for bragging rights in the final… I ended up in 4th position behind my cousin, another cousin’s friend and the husband of another cousin.

After the ‘awards’ on the podium we all headed back to my cousins and stuffed our faces with food before having a kick about for an hour or so. I was shattered after that. But the night was still young! We all then made our way over to my cousins new house and we ended up playing Trival Pursuits and poker till 4am!! It was a very long day and I was ‘dead’.

It was 7.45am when I was awoken by my weekday alarm… I had forgotten to turn off my ‘work’ alarm. But fear not, I fell straight back to sleep! :D

I eventually got up at around mid day and then went round to my uncles with my younger cousins to use his ‘gym’ whilst I was stranded without a car. But it wasn’t long before the stomach started to whine for feeding so we all headed out to the carvery for a roast lunch. The rest of the day afterwards was spent sharing painfully embarrassing stories about each other and ourselves! It was a very nice evening, in fact weekend, with all my cousins at different times and sharing laughs. From the youngest aged 7 through to the oldest aged 30… we all sat together and joked and laughed.

Work was a welcome relief from the hectic weekend… and the week has gone by pretty quickly. And hopefully my car will be fixed by tomorrow afternoon.

Over the last couple of weeks a number of ‘other’ things have happened which is somewhat confusing for me. On one hand I feel very sad but on another I feel a sense of relief and happiness. There’s no real way of saying this other than to be upfront and that my ex has found love in her flatmate who is also a guy I have known for a few years too. I don’t think there’s a need to say much more really. He’s a nice guy and she’s a lovely girl…. I hope it works out for them as they do suit each other.

Me… I’ll just plod along. I have my own thoughts and feelings which are a bit random and all over the place. One thing I am looking forward to is playing rugby with my school friends next weekend and also planning for a trip to trek Mount Everest…

Once I get some of my personal goals out of the way, maybe I will find someone to share my life with. Ideally I’d love to find someone to go to Everest with, but I’m not holding my breathe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Tin gor...I have been a bit stranded without internet on weekday evenings now in the new flat so not been checking your blog a bit. lots been happening eh! you are enjoying family time which is cool! I miss that with my cousins, we dont all live so closely and it takes a big event to bring people together. sounds like you are doing well - except for your car which i am sure if on the mend (i really like it!) hope to see you soon...