Sunday 19 August 2007

My long weekend...

It started after work on Friday and ended as I write this blog entry...

My usual routine on a Friday consisted of finishing work, going home and then to the gym. Not much changed up to that point. Normally my evening would end with a shower and a few hours chilling out at home. However, this was not to be and after my shower I was on the road driving up to Tiptree in Essex where my grandparents and cousins live for the purpose of a summer get together with the cousins for a BBQ and football. It's a 110mile journey and it was the furthest I had driven in my S2000. I had some reservations about the usability of the S2000 on long journeys but as it turned out it was a very comfortable journey and I had no complaints. By the time I arrived at my cousins, who live right next door to our grandparents, it was nearly 1am. But we still stayed up till about 3am before heading off to bed.

Saturday morning I was up by 9.30am. I sleep a lot less than my cousins so I went online whilst waiting for them to awaken. The plan for today was to go yum cha in Colchester with my grandparents and aunts and uncles. We headed off at 1.30pm and got back for around 4pm. We then decided to have a kick around which was knackering but fun with kids as young as 11 against uncles as old as 40. Of course it was all good natured and the object was to have fun and sweat! Which we did!

That night was all about rest until the last of the cousins arrived and then it was a 2 hour game of Articulate! It was so funny and also showed how knowledgeable some cousins were compared to others! The 'oldies' ended up last and the 'babies' won! 4 teams of 3 people and the youngest team won... the shame! LOL

Sunday followed after another night of limited sleep. We pretty much started the BBQ as soon as everyone was awake. Unfortunately the weather wasn't so kind to us and it was raining most of the early afternoon which meant having the BBQ inside the garage! I had never seen so much smoke! However, we still continued as planned and we cooked meat on fire! My cousin even had time to fit an airfilter to his car!

We all stuffed our faces and had to digest the food before we could muster up the energy to play football. Luckily the weather dried up and the game was on! Mid way through some rain fell and some were hoping to call it a day, but we keep on going and it soon stopped again.The goals flowed and we soon discovered who were the fitter ones. As the boys played, the girls we doing their own thing in the park... Judging by the photos, they had a lot of fun too!

Getting back from football we went for round 2 of BBQ food and watched the rest of the football on TV. A few started to leave as they were starting work early tomorrow. I stayed behind with my brother and the young 'uns for pizza before heading off into the rain. After an hour and forty minutes I was home... I unpacked, put clothes in the wash and ran a bath.

It's been a long and fun weekend... Next weekend is go karting with the cousins. Should be another good one!

No comments: