Thursday 16 August 2007

I love where I live...

I just wanted to talk a little about where I live. It's a little village off junction 5 on the M3. I say little, but it has grown considerably in the 30 years that I have lived here.

Although I have moved around the country and bought properties in other locations, I still feel at home here. It's the fresh air, the tranquility and the general laid back attitude. There are no chavs around, there is little crime and everyone knows everyone else.

But the best thing about living in a small village is the wildlife and the farm animals I see on my daily journey in to work. Some may find it strange, but I am an animal lover. Always have been. Where I live, our garden backs onto a field where a couple of horses graze, and on a few occasions we even get deers passing through our garden as well as a many others like woodpeckers, squirrels, cats, our neighbours dog... it's just so nice to see wildlife around.

On my way to work I saw a deer crossing the road, numerous rabbits scurrying away, pheasants dashing for cover and sometimes badgers just on the side of the road. On my way back I can choose another route that guarantees me to see some dwarf ponies, cattle grazing and sheep. There is so much life around and such clean air I cannot think of a better place to be.

Saying that, situations can change and maybe I will have to move one day? But it's great to know there is still a lovely retreat where I can be amongst a lot of wildlife. When I do move out and live in my own space, I WILL get a dog!

No comments: