Monday 15 January 2007

A new start....

Some people may have been following my life on Xanga and are probably wondering why I have moved. Well, the simple reason is that I felt a change in my life. My Xanga name and look of the page wasn't me any more.

I wanted a fresh start and I have it here.

One of the most significant changes is the quitting of smoking. I have been a smoker of 10 years and now is the time to stop. To be honest I never should have started, but you lose your girlfriend you start to self destruct at that age. I can't use that as an excuse now!

I am turning 30 this year. A bit of a milestone. Many people are still telling me how young I am, but I am not young, nor am I old, I am going to be 30 years old and thats just that. I have been alive for 30 years. It is a long time, and I am grateful to have met some wonderful people in my lifetime. Unfortunately some have also left my life, through personal choice, through my lack of communication or through death. But every person I have met has left an impression that makes me who I am today.

The lst 10 years of my life have been very much a time of wandering in both respects of thought and location. I have been neither here nor there in any particular job, and my focus on life was firmly pointed towards one person. Only in the last 18 months have I managed to find myself again.

As a 19 year old, I was fit and healthy. I had ambition, I had drive and I had time on my side. But this all dwindled away and I became lazy, unresposive, moody and always looking to place blame. As a 29 year old I feel rejuvenated. I have rediscovered my drive, my ambitions but time has moved on and I need to do some catching up.

To be honest the position I am in is pretty good. I have completed a MBA, I have two houses rented out, I have a decent job with potential, I have a supportive and loving family and most importantly I have my health. I guess with each step of success I am still looking to find the one piece missing from my puzzle... but the puzzle is forever growing and even if this one piece appears, I will be put into a position where a new piece is needed. I will just have to be patient!

I don't really know how many of my friends will read this because they all exist in other blogging circles. But if you do find your way here, please leave me a message. That would be much appreciated.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your missing piece.

=)

Anthony said...

Wahey... Virtual Tin's alive and kicking!! =)

As the saying goes:
"Many people walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footsteps in your heart!"


(btw, sorry for the mess...... i wanted to wipe my feet...... kekekeke)
^_^

Anonymous said...

hello tin gor...so this is where you are hiding!

Take care.. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tin,

remember me... was bored and decided to browse a few friends pages on friendster and came across yours... your blogs are very interesting to read...

I know how you feel as i sometimes feel the same too and like you I think it's the turning 30 stage that makes you think about the past, future and about what you want in life...

Lets make this year a special one where we reach out for our goals and get what we want.. whatever that may be!

Anyways talk to you at some point on MSN if you are free.. be nice to talk ;)

Take care

Chrissy ^_^