Tuesday 13 November 2007

My 24 hour 'bug'

Ok, I'm not actually ill with a bug in the normal sense, but something 'bugged' me for 24 hours.

I had lost my bluetooth headset. It's not a major issue as I find I am using it less and less these days. But the fact remains, I wanted to know where it was so that I COULD use it if I wished. I searched high and low and turned my room inside out, but I could not find it. I even looked in my car whilst just in shorts and T-shirt in the middle of the night, but to no avail...

For the next 24 hours I constantly thought about where I could havd left it and where I used it last. But I couldn't remember. I had to let it lie and all I could do was contemplate whether to buy a new one or wait till my upgrade is due so that I may get a free one. The normal wired headset could suffice for a couple of months... but it REALLY bugged me!

I am one of those people who are not happy until problems are resolved. I cannot just 'let it be'. It's something that has become apparent to my work colleagues who I am brutally honest, but ultimately professional, with them. If something is not right I will want it corrected, if I need something done, I expect it to be done.

Anyway, I am deviating. In the end I cleared my head whilst going to the gym and I knew full well the bluetooth headset had to be in my car. Where in my car, I did not know, but it was there. Considering it is only a 2 seater it cannot really go far. So after the gym I searched for it under the seats, and lo and behold... THERE it was! Under the passenger seat!

You cannot imagine the happiness I felt at that point. It was a sense of satisfaction, knowing I had solved a problem.

I guess a healthy body equals a healthy mind. Having been to the gym so frequently I am certain I am in the best shape since my teenage years. My heart is stronger; I am stronger both physically and mentally. And I need to be prepared for when I go to Everest in 3 months time.

So, my 24 hour 'bug' came and went... In the end I just needed to be patient and keep a clear mind...

No comments: