Saturday 17 November 2012

Good bye... I'll miss you...

No, this time I haven't been ditched by a girl. This time I am saying good bye to my beloved car. A car I have driven for the last 5 years and one which has done 102,000 miles with me.


Tomorrow I am part exchanging my Civic Type R (RN02YUS) for a Honda S2000. It is a big change for me. Usually the thoughtful and considerate one, choosing cars that can serve a greater purpose. But this time I am buying a 2 seater sports car with no thought of practicality other than to fit my golf clubs in the boot.


Recently I have found myself driving less and I am rarely giving lifts to others... Coupled with the fact we have 2 big Mercedes and a hatchback at home anyway, I don't need to be quite so practical as I can drive any one of the other cars anyway!


Deep down I feel as though the Civic has been the best car I have ever owned and will always be the best. It did everything well and got me through so much, from moving home from Basingstoke to Bedford, to visiting my girlfriend (at the time), many trips to the airport, driving friends home and lots more!

***This was actually written on 24th May 2007 but I only just realised I didn't publish it***

No comments: